HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
- The Weekend Motorcycle course is Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:30pm and a 3 hour classroom session on a Tuesday night prior from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The One Week Motorcycle course is Monday to Friday evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm, classroom content is offered on the first day of the course.
- The Mid Week Motorcycle course is Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, classroom content is offered on the first day of the course.
- The Private Motorcycle course is 8 hours one on one with an instructor, classroom content is offered at the beginning of the lesson. A Private Doubles course option is also available.
- The Practice course is 3 hours only and is one on one with an instructor.
- The Advanced Skills course is Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. This course is meant for valid class 6 holders and requires your own motorcycle.
- The Spyder course is considered a private one on one lesson and is 8 hours. Classroom content is offered at the beginning of the lesson.
HOW MUCH DOES THE COURSE COST?
- The Basic Motorcycle course cost is $550 and run from April to October. There are three options for the basic motorcycle course, weekend, weeknight, and midweek.
- The Private Motorcycle course cost is $650 and run from April to October. Most private lessons are booked on weekdays but other options can be arranged.
- The Private Doubles course cost is $1200 and runs from April to October. Most private lessons are booked on weekdays but other options can be arranged.
- The Practice course cost is $200 and is offered from April to October. Most practice sessions can booked any time during operating hours.
- The Advanced Skills course cost is $200. This course runs three times a year and your own motorcycle is required. This course is only offered to valid class 6 holders.
- The Spyder course is considered a private one on one course and is $650. The course runs from April to October, classroom content is offered at the beginning of the lesson. We partner with Bow Cycle for the use of the Spyder Bike.
DOES CALGARY SAFETY COUNCIL SUPPLY THE MOTORCYCLES / SCOOTERS/ SPYDERS?
Yes, we supply the Motorcycles, Scooters and Spyder Bike for all courses with the exception of the advanced course. Unfortunately, personal motorcycles, scooters and Spyders are not permitted for any courses other than the advanced course.
The following requirements must be met to take our course:
You must have at least a valid class 7 Learner’s license and be a minimum of 16 years of age. (minimum 14 years of age for Scooter course)
You must bring:
- An approved Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) helmet. *We rent helmets for $10.00 per course
- Footwear that covers the ankles. (hiking boots, cowboy boots, no runners)
- Sturdy jacket (jeans or leather). * We rent jackets for $10.00 per course
It is recommended that you bring:
- Eye protection (sunglasses, glasses, shield on helmet)
- Suitable pants (jeans, leather, heavy twill, etc)
- Rain Gear.
- Leather gloves.
If you do not have previous experience on a motorcycle, being able to ride a bicycle is strongly recommended for balance and experience with standard transmission is very helpful also.
CAN I RE-TAKE THE COURSE IF REQUIRED?
If you did not pass the course on your first time around, you can repeat the cost for $250. There is a 1 year time limit on the repeat course. We also offer a 3 hour Practice course one on one with an instructor for $200.
Our cancellation policy is that a $50.00 administration fee will be assessed for cancellation of the course within 14 days from the date of registration. A $100.00 cancellation fee will be assessed with less than 14 days’ notice to commencement of the classroom session. Students who fail to attend the course will forfeit the entire fee. The Calgary Safety Council retains the right to cancel or reschedule courses as required.
261093 Wagon Wheel View,
Register For Motorcycle Programs Here.
Check Our FAQ Page For More Deatils.
East Balzac, Alberta
(2.5 km east of CrossIron Mills).